- posting announcements in central locations
- reformatting faxes to eliminate cover sheets
- editing done on the computer to print documents only once
2. Use printing paper on bothsides whenever possible by:
- setting printer and photo copier to default to double-sided printing
- printing rough drafts and informal documents on the back of scrap paper
- reusing computer paper for notes and scrap paper
3.Use single-space documents whenever possible
4.Make margins more narrow so more words can fit on one page
5.Use smaller font size
6.Reuse file folders
7.Use narrow lined notepads
8.Switch to paperless billing
9.Unsubscribe from unwanted junk mail, newspapers and magazines.
SWITCH FROM DISPOSABLE TO REUSABLE
1.Use non-disposable tableware such as mugs, silverware and plates
2.Use cloth towels in kitchens and bathrooms
3.Refill ink cartridges
4.Buy reusable coffee filters
5.Use mechanical pencils and refillable pens
6.Buy refillable tape dispensers
7.Use undated, erasable wall calendars
8.Reuse envelopes with metal clasps
9.Eliminate bottled water at meetings
10.Request supplies be delivered in reusable or recyclable containers.
OTHER OFFICE TIPS
2.Consider products warranty and service contracts so you can extend a products life before replacing it
3.Purchase equipment such as calculators, can openers and pencil sharpeners that do not require batteries as these can be hazardous to dispose of.
4.Buy coffee, tea and sugar in bulk
5.Donate unwanted food, furniture and other materials instead of throwing them away.