- Product Purchase
- Plan your purchasing and buy only what you need (Prepare the list before shopping).
- Buy products that can be recycled (e.g. bottles, rechargeable batteries).
- Buy multipurpose product. It will reduce material used and waste generated.
- Buy a product with less packaging.
- Buy product that generate minimum waste.
- Only print what you need.
- Printing/Photocopying on both side of the paper, reduce the margin and font size to get more text on the page.
- Use E-meeting as your minutes of meeting distribution
- Subscribe to e-billing.
- Distribute your info electronically. Use our e-community.
iii. Donate or sell your unwanted items as preloved items. You can send it to our Preloved Gifts & Sales Corner at UMP’s Library, Pekan Campus.
iv. Use your reusable containers and mugs/bottles when you buy food and drinks.
v. Purchase chemical products that are ‘environmental friendly’. If possible, use less or non-hazardous chemicals
vi. Limit usage of paper towels or tissues.
- Reuse old documents as scratch paper for notes.
- Reuse old envelopes for sending internal mail.
- Instead of buying new bottle every time, refill your water using reusable bottle. There are water dispenser facilities available at our campus.
- Shop with reusable shopping bags.
- With a touch of creativity you can turn your used tyre and wood into garden furniture or your child cradle.
- Turn your used clothes into bags, blankets etc.
- A lot of recycling bins are strategically placed in our campus. Use it wisely to deposit your recycle waste for example paper, plastic, glass, tins and e-waste (Refer our Recycling Point Maps)
- In cafeterias at UMP,(Gambang Campus), you can recycle your biodegradable food waste by putting it into the compost waste bin provided – we will turn it to compost fertilizer.